Hi! We're Manson (5), Lemmy (3) and Mia (4).
This past week we've had the pleasure of going to Sniffmom's flat on vacation while mum and dad have been away on business. It's the third time we've come to stay, and previous pictures of our antics around the flat can be found here. (For some reason only pictures found on page 2 and 3 in that thread will enlarge when clicked on.)
Semi Expat in Oz wants to know what we're like, having around as pets. Also, Cute dog Olive has dished out the Versatile Blogger award to our host.
On behalf of our host we thank you for the award. Since one of the requirements of accepting the award is to share seven things about oneself, we thought that would be a great way of accomodating the request for knowledge about us and our furry relatives.
1) We're something like a mix of a dog, a cat and a human baby. We can be potty trained like cats, taught to walk outside on a leash like dogs, and even if we sleep a lot (up to 20 hrs a day),
we're very social and playful when we're awake. We loooooooooove digging in soil. If you leave your 20 potted plants within our reach, we'll be extremely proud to show you how fast we can dig them up. ALL of them!
2) We greatly enjoy playing hide and seek in all kinds of bags. Your Chanel purse will do us nicely. However, we're not that picky, so a simple plastic bag will suffice, too:
and we also do carpets, so you should mind where you put you're feet if you're not certain where we are:
We often like stealing things and hiding them too. We might prefer the insoles of your shoes or your socks. But it can even be your towels, if only we can get to them:
3) Sometimes we're used by farmers to hunt down and kill rodents. We've also been used to stretch electrial cables in pipes underneat the ground or the water. That's because we're tunnel specialists. There's simply nothing more fun than to explore tunnels - of any kind:
4) We prefer living together with one or more furry friends, and even if there's only one of us alone around the home we need company, attention, games and activity not to become depressed.
Lemmy: Hmm..it's lonely out there on the floor on my own. Think I need some company.
Sometimes, we do like to be left completely alone, though:
Mia: He was almost suffocating me!
Let me out of here! Please, please...
Now we're talking! Spare hiding places are just soooo great!
5) While we do like to have a couple of hiding places to move to when we're tired or want to sleep, we're not suited to live our lives locked up in a small cage, only being allowed to come out for half an hour or so every day. We need room to run around freely to stay happy, healty and fit. Wherever we're living though, the place has to be absolutely secure so that we can't hurt ourselves. We have bad eyesight, especially in daylight, and we lack the balance of cats. We have a great sense of smell and hearing, though. But our main feature is that we're curious, and we'll check out absolutely everything and every hole we can get into:
6) Most of us are very sweet and never bite, or only do so if someone really scares us. Just as we can be trained to use a sand litter box, we can be trained not to bite. However, some of us do occasionally test our teeth if you tempt us enough:
Manson really, really liked the taste of the foot cream combined with some skin.
7) If it's cold or rainy, you don't have to take us out. But we do enjoy fresh air every now and then:
Oooh..the smell of flowers and sound of birds...
Yawn....Isn't she done with the camera yet?
Now, that's it from us. Hope you enjoyed seeing our vacation pictures!