Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The cheap shoes and the not so cheap new lens


A little while back I wrote this post about being inspired by other bloggers. In it I mentioned a blogpost by someone else that caused me to crave a better quality lens for my camera, a 50 mm f 1.4. It lets in so much light is makes flash virtually superfluous. Unfortunately, due to the need for shopping something to wear while my bag was missing I didn't get around to buy it on my first day in New York as I had wanted.

Eventually I got it though, from the B & H Superstore located close to the US Postal Office and Madison Square Garden. The store is huge and stock everything photo- and videobuffs can possibly desire, but the size of the store and the number of customers in there made it seem like complete and utter madness. Judging from these test photos though, it certainly was worth it. It blurs out the background very nicely, and but for the worst conditions I can drop the horrible flash.

While shopping in Soho, my sis spied a pair of 20-bucks shoes that caused instant love on my behalf. They're so cute. To try out my new toy I took a few shots of them in low lightning indoors without using flash.

10 comments:

  1. They are sooo cute - really lovely shoes, Sniff!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello fabulous new toy and new shoes! I can't wait to see what treasures you catch on camera. How was your trip?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the flower detailing and what a steal at $20!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh - I love the shoes but... WHAT A COOL LENS!!

    I am in love with those wide open f-stops. So easy to use.

    Enjoy!

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. loooove those shoes, they'll look so sweet with so many different things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a find! They are lovely and a great price, too. Nothing like a good lens!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable shoes! And can't wait to see the rest of your photos with your new lens. Gotta love B&H. It's a photogs superstore! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you made it back without too much chaos... and I love those shoes! But you probably knew that already! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the girliness of your sandals.. I know I wouldn't stop touching those 3D flowers. Glad to hear that your trip worked out :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ive gotta wait til my bday for a new lens :((( jealous

    ReplyDelete