Tuesday, April 27, 2010

NY Day 3 - Old auntie buys teenage stuff in Soho...


...for herself!

We ventured down to Chinatown and Soho, leisurely strolling around and enjoying the hustle and bustle of  the area for most of the day. As our luggage had finally arrived, my sis could start looking in earnest for stuff for her three boys, with auntie tagging along into every other Quicksilver, Billabong, Volcom, DC, Yellow Rat and whatnot store on our way. I ended up getting a turquoise tee from Volcom. I kind of figured this fresh color would make me feel more energized when going to the gym. And, as according to my nephews this really is one hot brand, maybe a little more cool, too. Haha...


We had lunch in a street corner restaurant which name I can't remember. Pretty sad, as they had the best and most crispy fries I have ever eaten! Photographed here with a nosy person just managing to get in the picture:


At the end of the day, we made our last browsing stop in Bloomingdale's. Thanks to my inclination for trying out almost every beauty product I see featured in fashion magazines, I convinced myself into buying, at a fairly high cost, what turned out to be the worst evah! shampoo/conditioner. I'll be dissecting that, and other beauty stuff I got, in a separate post.

My sis however, got herself some really great sunglasses there. The day before, while we were waiting for our nails to dry at the beauty salon, she had spotted a woman in there with some gorgeous  shades on top of her head. Sis asked her: What brand are your glasses? And before the owner had even had time to open her mouth, I burst out: Tom Ford Jennifer! And when she found them the next day in Bloomingdale's, they came home with her:

 (Photo by Bag Borrow or Steal)

She's in good company now, my dear sis:

(Random image from the net)

16 comments:

  1. Sorry about the shampoo/conditioner - hate when that happens! I'm trying to get through a couple bottles I bought on a whim only because I spent so much $ on them, but I really like my other products better. Ohh well! Love those sunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! I love your boyfriend jeans! I have got the same! You look so sporty chic! Perfect outfit 4 a metropolitan day ;D! I want your sniff!!! Faboulous! Xoxo

    www.daddysneatness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like so much fun! I've read that turquoise is a very positive, sprity colour - so perfect choice for the gym. Please, please say which brand the 'worst evah! shampoo/conditioner' is. And though I'm neither a fan of J-Aniston nor T-Ford I've got to say: Cool sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahah I buy teenage stuff too. I try my hardest to defy my age :)

    Trying to guess what restaurant you were at. I used to work right there on broadway across from the bloomies. Hmmmm, it'll come to me.

    Ah what fab shades! LOVE!

    Oh and I can't wait to hear your product review. Dying to know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some great sunnies!!! I love the color of the shirt you picked. Your nephews sound so cute and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tom Ford and Oliver People's sunnies are my favorite - I just bought a pair of the latter a few weeks ago myself and I never want to take them off!

    You look absolutely adorable in these photographs; I LOVE your boyfriend jeans!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love those sunglasses... and the shirt too..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! I would have done the same thing, be strong and keep being persistent, how dare they dismiss something so important! I think sometimes they forget we are human. My thoughts are with you. p.s. want those boyf jeans, been thinking about purchasing some for a while but just wasn't sure. Keep us posted with your response from the director of ss!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pity with the conditioner/shampoo. Those sunshades are very cool; Your Sis has good taste. Crispy fries? Oh, that sounds heavenly!;-) Look forward to your review of this shampoo disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was so confused when i saw "Soho" and "Chinatown"; you know we have them in London as well right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, how fun! Looks like a great trip, love those sunglasses, too! That is too bad about the shampoo/conditioner, don't you hate when that happens?

    ReplyDelete
  12. sounds like you had fun on this trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love shopping in SoHo - so much fun walking in all of the little boutiques!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ugh! I've been wanting Tom Ford's for years!

    ReplyDelete