While it's always flattering being tagged by someone, I have to admit I'm always the one among my group of friends that breaks the chain when these types of e-mails and similar text messages are sent around. Normally, I just don't possess the patience needed, and think my time is better spent doing something more academic, say, for instance,
Or even taking part in their competition to win your pair of choice at a value of up to GBP 450. Come to think of it, I probably should keep quiet about the competition, lest I will get even more competitors for the prize. Haha...But Gina sure makes some really beautiful shoes. If I ever should happen to get married, I might choose one of their crystal studded models, like these ones:
(All photos by Gina)
But I digress. I'm very good at that. The questions in the challenge don't disclose that particular trait, but there's a lot of other information to give about oneself in reply to the numerous questions. Armed with a glass of red wine, a bag of crisps and some music playing in the background, I set about the task of being a good sport and picking up the
1. What time did you get up this morning? 10 AM'ish. I'm definetly a type B personality during winter.
2. How do you like your steak? Don't eat much meat but I wouldn't decline my sister's fantastic roast with a red wine sauce and tons of broccoli.
(Lucy totally agrees my sister's cooking is yummy)
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Half of Sherlock Holmes. Way too modern. For detective stories I prefer David Suchet's Poirot.
4. What is your favorite TV show? Sex and the city forevah!!!
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? I can think of many places. The two requirements would be a) warmer than here b) close to the ocean - being at sea gives me a great sense of freedom.
(The one that got away was thiiiiiiiiiiiis big)
6. What did you have for breakfast? A litre of water.
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Mexican.
8. What foods do you dislike? Way too many to specify. I'm very particular.
9. Favorite Place to eat? A good restaurant anywhere.
10. Favorite dressing? Just don't give me Thousand Island!
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive? My last car was a Mazda 626. Now it's a bicycle.
12. What are your favorite clothes? Jeans. Always searching for the perfect pair.
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? I've done every continent except Africa. A safari in the Kruger park in a game reserve called Mala Mala is high on my wish list.
(Photo by Mala Mala)
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? Full.
15. Where would you want to retire? A tiny villa with a view to palm trees and the ocean somewhere warm.
16. Favorite time of day? I love sunsets and sunrises.
17. Where were you born? Arendal, southern coast of Norway.
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? Sailing regattas when I can follow them from either a) a boat nearby or b) a nice spot on the beach on a sunny day.
19. Bird watcher? Occasionally, if I have my camera along.
20. Are you a morning person or a night person? Night in winter, morning in summer.
21. Do you have any pets? Used to have two ferrets.
22. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? If so, they'll be on my blog the minute they happen. :)
23. What did you want to be when you were little? Shop keeper.
24. Are you a cat or dog person? Dog.
25. What was your last drink? Drinking red wine now.
26. Always wear your seat belt? Not in taxis.
27. Been in a car accident? Someone hit my car from behind, luckily at slow speed.
28. Any pet peeves? I can't help thinking of people wearing real fur as evil Cruella de Villes.
(Photo from blog Rdujour)
29. Favorite Pizza Toppings? Quattro formaggio.
30. Favorite Flower? Clematis. I'm forever trying to grow the perfect one on my terrace each summer:
And bougainvillea. In the Caribbean they grow them all over walls and fences, and they become huge. Norway's too cold for that, but a small one will thrive in the sun in the summer:
31. Favorite ice cream? Anything that's in my freezer at the moment. And there is always ice cream in there.
32. Favorite fast food restaurant? I just got a new one. In Copenhagen they had one with grilled sandwiches and fries cooked in a healthy way. Don't remeber the name right now, though.
33. How many times did you fail your driver's test? None.
34. From whom did you get your last email? The plumber from whom I decided to accept an offer for refurbishing my bathroom.
35. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? The travel agency.
36. Do anything spontaneous lately? Couldn't resist a tempting piece of cheesecake with my coffee after Thursday night's exhibition..
37. Like your job? My "job" at the moment is finishing my degree in media sciences. I love the freedom of being a student.
38. Broccoli? It's good for you!
39. What was your favorite vacation? That has yet to come when I can convince some of my friends that spending a week or two on a sailboat in the Caribbean will be the best vacation ever.
(Photo by Sailvacations.com)
40. Last person you went out to dinner with? My friend Brita. We do that spontaneously every now and then.
41. What are you listening to right now? Canandian songstress Amanda Marshall. The album: Intermission. Playing right now: Fall from grace.
42. What is your favorite color? Blue.
(Over the top? What do you mean over the top?)
43. How many tattoos do you have? None.
44. How many are you tagging for this quiz? I'll leave it open for anyone reading it to do if they like
45. What time is it? 2 AM
46. Coffee ?? Don't usually drink it, but when I do I prefer espresso or moccha.
Puh...that sure was a long list! If you've read all the way down here, you might be the next one to pick up the challenge of replying? If so, let us know in the comment box, so we can all go take a look. :)