Saturday, January 30, 2010

In the bottom of my jewellery box


I had a look through one of my jewellery boxes earlier this morning, and found a couple of long forgotten treasures that haven't been used in years. (Never mind my hand looking like a vultures claw or something - it's pretty difficult to relax the muscles when trying to focus and keep the camera - an the moving pearl - still with only one hand.)

I took them to the local jeweller store and had them cleaned. Above is a stunning 24K gold ring with a jade pearl, something my father brought back from the Middle East some 25 years or more ago. Look at the delicat filigree work - the goldsmith doing that must have had a serious amount of patience!



This is a sterling silver ring with oxidized and goldplated silver. That was a gift from someone in my family way back in the 80's. How cool to find old things you have that still go very well with the outfits I'm using today!

No comments:

Post a Comment