Sunday, January 24, 2010

The OPI Suede Collection - matte nail polish



Late last year I read about one of the fall's nail polish trends in the US, matte colors. That reminded me that I used to have a mattifier sometime during the 90's, so matte polish is by no means an entirely new idea. However, I decided to go back to the 90's beautywise (wish I could do that wrinklewise too...lol), and went to Kicks who is among the very few that sells OPI in Oslo. There I was told they wouldn't get matte polishes in before spring. Now, that's what I call really late to the party. Lookfantastic.com has some of the colors for sale at GPB 9.95 a bottle (NOK100 or USD17), but I found the whole limited edition suede collecion of 6 colors on Ebay for USD32 (NOK180). The shipping was USD16 (NOK95), so in total I paid less for 6 bottles than I would for 3 if I had gotten them from Lookfantastic.

The colors have really fancy names like Lincoln Park After Dark and You don't know Jacques, and are in brown, grey, blue and purple shades. In the bottles, some of them look very similar, but they're really different when they're applied. They come out shiny, but not glossy. Here, I'm wearing the dark grey called "Suzi skis in the Pyrenees":



I've found a blog that has really great swatches of all the colors and that also shows how they look like if you wear clear top coat to change the matte effect:


So, after I've tried on every color in matte, I'll do the same with a top coat, too. 12 "colors" for less than NOK300 - I'm not complaining! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment